SIMF is one of the finest Institutions located at Virar- Palghar (Maharashtra) . The Institute is well connected by road & train. It is 10 minutes by walk from Virar railway station. It is the centre of educational excellence serving the whole community of seafarers having self contained unit in a very scenic and pollution free environment with salubrious climate. The Institute is dedicated to deliver high quality of Maritime Education and training to prepare its students for a rewarding career in Shipping Industries. The Institution is committed to help each and every in individual to achieve their targets through the best possible means.
SIMF formulated new ways for making the learning exciting and powerful. The Innovative thinking and Commitment to show right direction draws the brightest young minds from all over the India. The students of the Institution meet and work together in a well ordered and harmonious community. The success of the Institution is built on traditional value of pride, respect and hard work. It’s performance is regularly monitored to achieve the targets, which is ultimately helping for upliftmen of Marine Industries and betterment of society. The institute has state of art of teaching aids and practical demonstration equipments, which meets the latest requirement of training.
- To provide Quality Maritime Education & Training which meets the needs of Seafarers as defined by Statutory /Regulatory National and International requirements.
- Systematic approach to develop and monitor quality standards of imparted training and to ensure that it is of high standards and in full compliance with DGS guidelines and STCW conventions, as revised from time to time.
- Effectively enhance the knowledge & skills of seafarers through a conductive and well tailored learning environment to meet the requirement of Shipping Industries.
- Enhance the learning process by adopting modern methods & technology.
- Facilitate acquisition of right learning, right skills & right attitudes for all those who undergo education & training at the Institution.
- Keep abreast of current market and industry trends & endeavors to provide new courses after reviewing the demand for such courses or discontinuing courses.
- Establish means by which information on performance of the organization. The feedback can be utilize to further develop and improve training standards.
- To ensure recruitment of competent personnel at all levels and to use in- house and external training resources for planned upgrading of technical, Educational and Training skills of our own faculty.